Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Denied PracticePvP Changes to elo system in Practice

D

Deleted member 143524

Minecraft Username:
jrninjaboy915​

What is your suggestion's title?
Changes to elo system in Practice​

Suggestion Details:
I have been playing practice for quite a while, and believe the elo system is too cruel. I am a high elo player, and find myself waiting 10+ minutes at times just to get 3 elo from a win and wait another 10+ minutes, most of the time I get like 15 elo in a whole day, and if I were to lose once I would like around 21 and lose a whole days worth of work, now if I were to be 1400 elo and lose to a 1000 than losing 24 elo would be understandable.

My issue however is that for 1. the elo timer grows too slowly, unless I am wrong, the elo counter increases every 10 seconds (What I mean by elo counter is the thing on the scoreboard that says for example: 900-1200)
10 seconds is too long if your trying to queue people when ur either way lower or a very high elo as most players lose interest almost right away from not queuing anyone, decreasing the wait time would help with this issue, I believe 5 seconds would be a good change.

Issue #2 is that no one plays ranked, while this could very well be due to the fact that no one wants to play. I believe we could help improve upon this by motivating players to queue ranked via a reoccurring message in chat such as "Want to be #1 in your favorite gamemode? Queue ranked." or "Want tougher fights? Try queuing ranked!" (these are just examples, the actual message should probably be way better.) or just a message that shows up in chat once they completed the required 10 or 20 unranked matches necessary to be able to queue ranked, such as "Good job! You should take a shot at ranked!"

Issue #3: The elo reward system is unfair: What I mean by this is that the elo reward system is too unbalanced, with the current elo system if I were around 1400 and queued a 1300, chances are that we are within the same skill range, and will have a close fight. If I were to beat them I would gain 4 elo, while if they beat me they would gain around 15 elo. The way I believe this could be fixed is having the elo system be reworked by extending the ranges at which u gain or lose elo, to ensure this makes sense I will include an example: At the moment if I were 200 above a player I would gain 3 elo if I won, and lose 21 if I Iost. We could increase that to 300 or more for example, however this doesn't fix our problem, the next step would be changing the values we gain. Perhaps adding more elo values, or making elo gain/lose based on the amount of elo u both have. I believe good substitutions would be instead of 3 for winning while being 200 above ur enemy, make it like 7, for being 100 above our enemy you could make it 10, but if we lose we would lose 21 if we were 200 above our enemy or 16 if we were 100 above our enemy.​

How could this idea help improve JartexNetwork?
This will improve jartexNetwork by giving players more motivation to queue ranked again as it wont take as long to gain elo or queue matches and provide a more fair and enjoyable experience to ranked players.​

Extra Information:
None except that if you have any questions or confusion about my suggestions feel free to ask and I will try my best to answer more clearly!​

StevenJr

Addicted Member
Banned
+1, I've been playing Jartex Practice for 2 years, it still haven't improved yet so I'm going to vote (+1) And I'm excited to see if they accept this suggestion. Gj brother

FuzniX

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
IGN
FuzniX
+1 I agree with issue 1 and 2, you should wait least on ranked, a message which motivates people to play ranked shouldn't be too much.
Regarding the 3rd issue, I understood what you globally meant, but your example isn't clear for me to be honest.
I hope your suggestion will be added, gg man!

Mack

Donator
Donator
IGN
lpwmack_17
Suggestion - Upvote (+1)

Hey jrninjaboy915,

I decided to give your Suggestion “Changes to elo system in Practice” an
Upvote (+1)

I hope that this Gets Accepted, And Goodluck with this.

Goodluck!

1Angel

IGN
_1AnGel_
Old elo system got boring, we need something fresh +1