Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Denied General Improvements to Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

iTechnically

Donator
Donator
Minecraft Username:
iTechnically

What is the suggestion about?
General Improvements to Practice

Description:
First of all, I'd like to say Hello and welcome to this thread! My name is iTechnically, but you can call me iTech, just Tech, or if you want to call me by my real name, Or (Yes, Or is my name). Some of you might've seen me around practice already as I've been hanging out around there for the past couple of weeks, having a fairly nice time. During that time I managed to climb the No Debuff leaderboards and reach #1, as well as getting 1200 global elo to get to the prestigious Challenger rank.

Doing those required me to play a lot, and by playing so much I came across various different bugs, issues, and weird behaviors which in my opinion hinder the quality of the gameplay.

The formatting will be as follows:
  1. For starters, problems which can very easily be fixed, and should definitely be fixed as soon as possible. These are more bugs than anything, and I will also report them in the Bugs subforum, but as I've already written this as part of this suggestion I figured I would leave them here for good measure.
  2. Problems that take more Coding time to fix properly, and might not be fully fixable or should even be fixed.
  3. Other thoughts.

Well, let's get started then.

1. Easy Stuff
  1. A typing error next to the leaderboard signs which bothers me quite a bit for an inconspicuous reason: View attachment 14534 "... to few plenty more leaderboards" is completely incorrect. It should either be "to view plenty more leaderboards...", or, "for plenty more leaderboards...". Either way, fixing it is not a top priority, but it is an incredibly easy fix and I just wish somebody took care of that.

2. The Archer Queue visuals do not function properly - it does not show the number of people queueing, nor the number of people currently playing.

3. Removing Unnecessary barriers from various maps - I cannot call all maps by their names, but there are some extremely unnecessary barriers in some maps (There's a giant wall of barriers in the Snow-type map that should be taken down because it appears too early and out of nowhere, as well as some barriers in the hell-themed map which are just randomly placed around 10 blocks from the corner, and I've seen many players die because of them). I can't name all of the misplaced barriers' locations, but it's definitely a fixable problem that should be addressed.

4. Removing Zeus's rank ability to automatically drop used soup bowls, as it's simply a competitive advantage that can be bought with money, which is against the EULA.

5. Easier access to the rules of the server and of practice in particular, with something like the rather obvious /rules command that should exist, in my opinion.

6. The Brackets arena is simply way too small for events similar to Nodebuff or Axe (This is not only coming from me).

2. Harder stuff
  1. Dealing with "campable" obstacles - A part of Jartex's practice appeal is indeed the unusual maps it includes - ones that are not completely flat, and have trees, rocks, towers, etc. But with that same appeal comes a very big problem which is not present in other servers - camping on top of these contraptions, via the use of blocks or pearls, can make a fight very obnoxious and isn't always easy to deal with. If there happens to be staff online, the problem becomes slightly easier to deal with, given that camping is against the rules, but it's still much more beneficial to prevent it in the first place. I don't suggest removing said obstacles, but rather creating a wall of barriers to remove the ability to camp on top of these objects. This should be done smartly, there's no need to surround the rocks and trees with barriers from the floor up, blocking only relevant parts will be more sensible and will hinder gameplay less. There's also definitely a need for a build limit, hopefully of somewhere around 10 to 12 blocks.

2. Event Spectators - While hosting an event, such as sumo or brackets, the spectators are all given the ability to fly around the arena where the selected players are fighting. Obviously, they're not visible to the fighters themselves, but it's still rather inconvenient as all the spectators obscure the view of the fights to each other (This is very apparent in sumo, where it's hard to tell a fighter from a spectator, as nobody is wearing any armor). There are two possible fixes: either let the spectators themselves toggle whether they want to view other spectators, that is, make other spectators invisible/visible, or, trap the spectators in the large wooden ring that surrounds the map (funnily enough, the purpose of that ring is to host the spectators of the fights, and currently it is simply pointless).

3. Event Countdowns and Brackets' kit choosing - When starting an event, there's a countdown that starts, and when it reaches zero the event automatically starts. The slight problem is that this count is invisible. Adding the fact that it is impossible to choose what mode a Brackets event will have when starting it, and you've got yourself countless events that start with the default mode - Nodebuff, while the event host himself simply wanted to let more people join before starting, say, a Build UHC event. There are, again, two elementary ways of fixing this problem: The first one, is to make the countdown visible. That will let players know when they have to run the command that starts the event with the kit they want. The second one, which is by far more preferable, is to simply let the event host choose what mode the event will be from the get-go, and avoid any confusion about countdowns and weird commands.

4. Maximum ranked matches - This is definitely a controversial topic, Because on the one hand, giving donators more ranked matches isn't really a competitive advantage, as it doesn't allow them to win more matches, nor does it allow them to gain something with real value from it, as elo itself doesn't grant you anything except for public recognition and maybe a sense of accomplishment at best. But, 20 ranked matches a day for non-donors is rather low, and it causes a lot of good players to lag behind severely when it comes to climbing the leaderboards. It took me 4 days of using all my 20 daily ranked matches, plus the few extra I managed to get lucky enough to win from voting crates, in order to get finally number 1 in Nodebuff, and I definitely would not have had the willpower to continue doing this for another month in order to get Challenger, without being lucky enough to win store credit through a tournament and buying a rank. That gives the sense that the only real way to progress in practice without losing your mind is via purchasing a rank and getting more ranked matches per day.
    Now, This is more of a personal experience if anything, and I do get the owner's will to lock features behind a paycheck. As a player, I would suggest giving non-donators a few more ranked matches per day.

5. Maximum player limit - I would enjoy it if there were more players in Practice at a time, but it's only realistic if it doesn't cause more server lag, and of course, if the amount of players playing at a time can even exceed the maximum player limit, and I can't tell you whether neither will occur, so I can definitely understand if it's impossible to do.

3. Final Thoughts

In my experience, practice is pretty fun as is, but there's definitely room for improvement, and one should always strive for improvement if it can be achieved. Some of the things mentioned above are objective problems that players deal with daily, and some are just my subjective personal problems, which I humbly hope to see other people agree with. I hope whoever manages to read through all this thread finds it informative and helpful, and will support the arguments written in this thread. Of course, I'm happy to include myself in debate or comments following this publish, and you're welcomed to message me in discord as well: iTechnically#4671, or if you happen to catch me in-game.

Cheers!

How can this idea help to improve JartexNetwork?
The ideas above are rather well-thought sensible suggestions that, in my humble opinion, will make the experience of all the practice players more enjoyable.

Extra Information:
Please read through the entire suggestion before replying! It would help a lot.

Last edited:

ArvynAlt

Donator
Donator
IGN
ArvynAlt
You have explained your suggestion wonderfully! +1

Mo_oC

Addicted Member
IGN
Mo_oC
+1 Reason stated above by the Jartex community