Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Denied Discord A Channel in Discord to report players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mykkull

Known Member
Known Member
Donator
Minecraft Username:
Mykkull

What is the suggestion about?
A Channel in Discord to report players.

Description:
Alright so, I know BimaTh already suggested but I think you guys didn't really understand what he meant by bot. He showed it to me and if you want to check it out, dm him.
I've replied to this in his suggestion.
So, I'd suggest making a channel for reporting players (like this):
In this channel, we can report players. If there are staff online. They can report it like this.
If a staff reacts to it. They can either put a (y) or a (n)
Example: If the person they reported were caught and punished, staff can reach with a (y).
or if the person wasn't breaking a rule, they can react with a (n).
That's it from me.
Forgot to mention, you don't need to tag staff for this.
Also, another suggestion: A trial could go through the reports to check whether they're false or true.
Tell me whether slow chat is needed or not.

How can this idea help to improve JartexNetwork?
This can help to make reports a tad bit easier. Maybe for people who are lazy to create an account in the forums or don't have proof of them hacking/rule-breaking. Who knows there will be lots of reports coming soon.

Extra Information:
There's also some downside for this, which is:
1) People will start to report in discord instead of the forums.
2) Spam
3) Sometimes wasting staff member's time.

Last edited:

AutumnBomb1111

Donator
Donator
Being able to report in forums is not to hard. Imma go with a neutral on this one as staff need to look at both forums and discord for reports and need to set it out

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Mykkull

Mykkull

Known Member
Known Member
Donator
Being able to report in forums is not to hard. Imma go with a neutral on this one as staff need to look at both forums and discord for reports and need to set it out
True, didn't think about that. I think it's fine tho.

The_W

Addicted Member
Neutral
So basically this is just like "giving ign to staffs and they will keep an eye on that player". So staffs should prioritize forums reports above this.
Good thing is that:
1. Players that unable to provide a proof (or because of bad pc) can still report if they met a rule breaker.
2. Rather than just giving the ign to a staff, gathering all in one place will let available staffs to help too, Or other players that can record can hunt these players for forums report (especially if aiming for great reporter role)

Downsides imo, aside from mentioned above:
1. This is not a report for the violation done, so if the player didn't violate a rule on the future or while being spectated it's pointless. (+ wasting staff's time)
2. Rule breaker's name. Though not often, but sometimes as this is easier report method, people might not be careful when typing rule breaker's ign, for example: complicated or similar names, and nicked player; which may lead to staff wasting his time.
3. About wasting staff's time, I think it is going to waste a lot of time, considering high amount of these reports will occur, false reports, and time needed to spectate players. But with this, other available players might be able to reduce the impact by helping on hunting the reported players and provide proof for easier reports.

For reacting on the reports, I think it is too much of effort as if there's a lot of reports, staffs will spend time on scrolling and looking for the message. But considering this is a channel and everyone can see it, we will need a way to notify others if the report is being processed by a staff, done, or being helped by a player; for efficiency.
It must be emphasized too that a player that have proof or can use recorder to report on forums instead as it will save a lot of time for staffs.

Chat reports have more unique situation, eventhough screenshots are easy but just in case someone reported chat violation, idk if staffs can check chat logs of specific player, but if can't then it might be pointless as it might be harder to find the next violation of the player.

That's all from what I think, feel free to comment about it. Thanks for reading :b

Last edited:
AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Mykkull

Mykkull

Known Member
Known Member
Donator
About wasting staff's time, I think it is going to waste a lot of time, considering high amount of these reports will occur, false reports, and time needed to spectate players. But with this, other available players might be able to help on hunting the reported players and provide proof for easier reports.
Exactly, as I said maybe a trial could go through the reports and check whether they're true or false. Also, regarding the spam. I think adding a slow-chat should be okay. Well, at first I thought of making it only for donators. Then it seemed a little bias, so it should be for all.
You're right about the spam as it's a cracked server. I'm sure every player in-games thinks that everyone hacks.
I mean this channel is for people who don't have proof of the rule-breakers/ hackers. The ones that have proof should report in the forums.

Lumin0us

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
Neutral since its already suggested
+1 because we can report blazetharkidrs blazetharkidrs

Status
Not open for further replies.