Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Denied Adding a global filter to moderate any auto advertising from "Alt- AFK" apps (ie- ChatCraft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playkoo

Donator
Donator
Minecraft Username:
RealPlaykoo​

What is the suggestion about?
Adding a global filter to moderate any auto advertising from "Alt- AFK" apps (ie- ChatCraft)​

Description:
In many game modes, especially survival, people use alts or even their real account to AFK. Even though I personally don't use it, I think its genius. But the only downside to it is the annoying automatic advertisment that has to be paid for to turn off.

I've seen many people use it as it is "cheaper and easier to do than the alternative" but the ads are still pretty annoying and can be rather distractive.

Citation:
unknown.png

Source:

How can this idea help to improve JartexNetwork?
This will make the chat in certain gamemodes more tolerable.​

Extra Information:
Feel free to downvote this suggestion because sometimes I fail to realize how dumb my suggestions really are​

MerhusDagon

Donator
Donator
I don't really have an issue with seeing it, but a filter may be nice if people find the automatic message that bad.

Jesse531

Donator
Donator
I feel like it would be a good idea, But there would be people wrongfully banned/muted. -1

Minecraftian

Addicted Member
I don't play Survival, but I feel having a filter isn't a cause for worry. Filters only prevent their message from being sent (similar to the (!) You can´t use special characters in chat!), there's no banning, muting, or other direct staff intervention involved. It's probably only a minor annoyance, but like MehrusDagon said it might be a QoL change people would appreciate.

The only annoyance might be having to update and supervise the filtered words to prevent players getting flagged by the filter and to filter new programs' messages. Neutral towards this, but +1 for a useful suggestion.

Last edited:

SquareWings928

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
IGN
SquareWings928
Dear RealPlaykoo, thank you for taking the time to make a suggestion for JartexNetwork. After reviewing your suggestion I have decided to give it a Neutral for the following reasons:

• Every time the app changes the message or another app come up the developers would have to change the filter which is just creating more work for them.
  • It could help clear up chat and remove unwanted messages.

Square

BurgerRaven43

Dear RealPlaykoo, thank you for taking the time to make a suggestion for JartexNetwork. After reviewing your suggestion I have decided to give it a Neutral for the following reasons:

• Every time the app changes the message or another app come up the developers would have to change the filter which is just creating more work for them.
  • It could help clear up chat and remove unwanted messages.

Square
ChatCraft won't change the message... I'm quite sure

savvac

I was thinking of suggesting that.

Coming from a server that had this kind of filter I can safely say that people don't get banned or muted because of filtering. Filtering messages prevents them from showing up for normal members. Staff can still see them and act upon them. I totally support this idea, unnecessary or even dangerous links wouldn't be shared at all on the server because even with staff being online, all they can do is clear the chat then ban/mute but people still can click on the links etc.

+1.

Lumin0us

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
Neutral
Multiple reasons which were stated above

Max

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Suggestion - DENIED
Hello, Saaket_PLAYZ_YT​
Thank you for your interest in JartexNetwork by creating a suggestion for the network. After reviewing your suggestion, I have decided to deny it for the following reason(s);​
  • Currently not adding this.
Have fun playing on JartexNetwork!​

Status
Not open for further replies.