Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Cactus Farm (Chunk Load)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okariin

Dear Jartex
I Recently joined The SkyBlock Dream, and after quite a bit of time i still don't understand 1 thing, Why my cactus farm doesn't work when i am not in the chunk? i mean, it work i think, but 20000% Slower, from 1 stack every 4 Seconds it goes to 1 cactus Every now and then, i don't understand if it is a Crop Hopper problem or a chunk loading limitation to preven lag, Can you possibly make an update to upgrade a little bit the chunk loading if it is that the problem? im not saying to make the chunk loading 63x63 with the player at the center, even a 3x3 is fine, my island is 225x225 and i litteraly live in a 16x16 zone, id like to have a little bit more mobility in what can i do when im also farming money, And if this isn't the problem, can you please Explain to me how to improve my Cactus farm or how does the Crop/Mob Hopper works?
Im sorry if my english is bad, im not from England, and i don't know if this is the right place for this topic.
Thanks a lot for the time you dedicated to me by reading this post,
Sincerely,
Okariin

QuickRod

Hello there! The same problem kept happening to me until i realized something. The cactus farm works only if the player is inside the chunk ( a 16x16 space) that it's built in. I suggest you make a cactus farm that is exactly made in a chunk. You can find the chunks by pressing F3 + G or by using a chunk founder mod. Either way, once you have marked out the chunk, you can start building the farm. I'll link you a schematic that contains the actual farm. If you have done it right, you will end up with 4 cactus pillars. As for the collection system, the most efficient way is to buy a crop - hopper chest and put either in the middle or one of the 4 corners. The farm is really efficient ( 8 double chests / 8 minutes) and it's also really easy to build. Here's the schematic of the build : https://www.mediafire.com/file/re2gecjy5sgp9z4/cac1piller.schematic/file. Have Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.