Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Cactus not growing if i put block next to the second part

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elobster

so in my last thread i made how that my afk cactus farm is not working, but i've made an experiment that any block place won't grow ex: Sand or Fence or walls and im curious why is it not growing and then get destroyed by the block, do i need a special block or something? Sorry for my Poor english i'm bad at it.

KenExtreme

Hello, all
I just found out that automatic cactus farm can actually work, but it's a bit strange.

One cactus with a block beside the 2nd height will produce 16 cactus every (approximately) one hour of its growth. The cactus didn't drop one by one, but 16 at a time once every hour. The one hour mark is not by the server time, but the plant growth itself. I afk'ed for 30 mins then logged out, and when i back, i waited for another 30 mins and 16 cactus were added. It must be noted that i placed a crop hopper there, so i don't know if the 16 cactus would "drop" if there was no crop hopper.

I have some question too:
How many chunk is the farthest distance from player where the cactus still grow
How many crop chest i should place in a chunk for the best output?

I hope this helps :)
I think 2 to 3 chunks because I have a Sugar Cane farm and its still growing while im in my smelting area and its not that far to the sugar cane farm go to my island to see how far it is /is v KenExtreme

The_W

Addicted Member
I think 2 to 3 chunks because I have a Sugar Cane farm and its still growing while im in my smelting area and its not that far to the sugar cane farm go to my island to see how far it is /is v KenExtreme
I see, I have visited your island when you were afk. That was pretty far. The trees were the farthest i think, do they grow too?

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Elobster

Elobster

Hello, all
I just found out that automatic cactus farm can actually work, but it's a bit strange.

One cactus with a block beside the 2nd height will produce 16 cactus every (approximately) one hour of its growth. The cactus didn't drop one by one, but 16 at a time once every hour. The one hour mark is not by the server time, but the plant growth itself. I afk'ed for 30 mins then logged out, and when i back, i waited for another 30 mins and 16 cactus were added. It must be noted that i placed a crop hopper there, so i don't know if the 16 cactus would "drop" if there was no crop hopper.

I have some question too:
How many chunk is the farthest distance from player where the cactus still grow
How many crop chest i should place in a chunk for the best output?

I hope this helps :)
Thanks I'll try this!

AutumnBomb1111

Donator
Donator

You can refer to the image here

Loucus

Hey, I haven't tried afking the cactus farm but...This is my old cactus farm and This is my new one ( there are 10 layers now)
They both work ( i have kept a crop hopper beneath both the farms to keep up the efficiency)
Also, cactus farms do work (i will give you the proof)

To increase efficiency:
1) use fences not string+sand
2) make more layers
3)Use crop hopper

Hope it helps

KenExtreme

Hey, I haven't tried afking the cactus farm but...This is my old cactus farm and This is my new one ( there are 10 layers now)
They both work ( i have kept a crop hopper beneath both the farms to keep up the efficiency)
Also, cactus farms do work (i will give you the proof)

To increase efficiency:
1) use fences not string+sand
2) make more layers
3)Use crop hopper

Hope it helps
How do I see the chunks I tried some ways but they didnt work

Status
Not open for further replies.