Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Denied Enable ./ping <username> in lobby's

Status
Not open for further replies.

daviddaraban

Staff member
Great Reporter
Donator
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
Team Screenshare
IGN
daviddaraban
Minecraft Username:
daviddaraban​

What is your suggestion's title?
Enable ./ping <username> in lobby's​

Suggestion Details:
Hey to everyone that is reading this!

So i have seen that a lot of players in lobby's lag a lot and that can make a lot of people that are starting reporting think that they are breaking any rule/cheating like kill aura ( when the hit takes some time to register so it seems like it hits from behind ), anti-kb ( when player freezes a bit right in the moment you hit him ), etc...

There are a lot of mods that enable for people to see others ping/ms but its not always the most accurate and it takes around 5-10 seconds to reload again, but the command ./ping <username> shows it irl in the most precise probably way and fastest too. I would suggest developers to enable ./ping <username> in lobby's for this situations since a lot of players dont really know how to use mods on their launcher/client or some prefer using Tlauncher that doesnt let you have a big variety of mods like LabyMod that you can brows them trough your menu.

King regards,
David

( this is not a big change in the system but it would make the difference for people that just started reporting )​

How could this idea help improve JartexNetwork?
mentioned up ^​

Extra Information:
potato + KrishaTheDuck i will hunt all ur brothers ( 2.6k already )​

OrangeEndy

Donator
Donator
IGN
OrangeEndy
Suggestion - Neutral

Hello daviddaraban,
After reviewing your suggestion, I have decided to remain Neutral due to the following reason(s);
  • Almost every client has ping displayer. If you are starting to report for the server, there is a good chance that you use one of these clients for easier reporting and hence can be enabled easily.
  • But it is certainly nice to be able to get to know the ping of player while them not being in the same lobby and cross-gamemodes potentially.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
daviddaraban

daviddaraban

Staff member
Great Reporter
Donator
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
Team Screenshare
IGN
daviddaraban
Suggestion - Neutral

Hello daviddaraban,
After reviewing your suggestion, I have decided to remain Neutral due to the following reason(s);
  • Almost every client has ping displayer. If you are starting to report for the server, there is a good chance that you use one of these clients for easier reporting and hence can be enabled easily.
  • But it is certainly nice to be able to get to know the ping of player while them not being in the same lobby and cross-gamemodes potentially.
I wanted to suggest this so all of us have the same "rights" of knowing others ping + it helps some people and i dont see why it shouldnt be added

TH99

Donator
Donator
IGN
TH99_
Unnecessary.
If you want to see others' ping you would most likely go through the trouble of getting mods or a client. Most players without this feature usually don't care about others' ping, are not aware it's a feature, are comfortable with the ping bars or are new players who are still exploring. Adding more commands which can easily be fixed will just make the server feel cluttered. Might need a handbook on how to play each mode with commands given for every mode

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
daviddaraban

daviddaraban

Staff member
Great Reporter
Donator
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
Team Screenshare
IGN
daviddaraban
Unnecessary.
If you want to see others' ping you would most likely go through the trouble of getting mods or a client. Most players without this feature usually don't care about others' ping, are not aware it's a feature, are comfortable with the ping bars or are new players who are still exploring. Adding more commands which can easily be fixed will just make the server feel cluttered. Might need a handbook on how to play each mode with commands given for every mode
apreciate ur opinion about my suggestion, yes it is something "uncecessary" but its just something more that jartex could have added

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
daviddaraban

daviddaraban

Staff member
Great Reporter
Donator
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
Team Screenshare
IGN
daviddaraban

LucrativeGX561

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator

Unnecessary, you can just see their wifi connection on tab. Even if you don't see their exact ms, you should be able to know if they have a good connection or not based on their wifi lines. Also, many clients already show how many ms the other players have. And don't forget ms can change very fast so you will have type that command quite a few of times to figure out their average which would be impractical.

ItzSimoYT

Minecraft Username:
daviddaraban​

What is your suggestion's title?
Enable ./ping <username> in lobby's​

Suggestion Details:
Hey to everyone that is reading this!​
So i have seen that a lot of players in lobby's lag a lot and that can make a lot of people that are starting reporting think that they are breaking any rule/cheating like kill aura ( when the hit takes some time to register so it seems like it hits from behind ), anti-kb ( when player freezes a bit right in the moment you hit him ), etc...​
There are a lot of mods that enable for people to see others ping/ms but its not always the most accurate and it takes around 5-10 seconds to reload again, but the command ./ping <username> shows it irl in the most precise probably way and fastest too. I would suggest developers to enable ./ping <username> in lobby's for this situations since a lot of players dont really know how to use mods on their launcher/client or some prefer using Tlauncher that doesnt let you have a big variety of mods like LabyMod that you can brows them trough your menu.​
King regards,​
David​
( this is not a big change in the system but it would make the difference for people that just started reporting )​

How could this idea help improve JartexNetwork?
mentioned up ^​

Extra Information:
potato + KrishaTheDuck i will hunt all ur brothers ( 2.6k already )​
actually many clients already have this function via the Tab key, but it would still be an addition that should not be underestimated

starpredetor

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
IGN
starpredetor
Ya'll saying many client? man all the clients show user ping in the lobby and with some mods you can convert them into numbers why waste server resources to make a whole command for it

Status
Not open for further replies.