Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

How to win Bedwars games?

Mind

Donator
Donator
IGN
MindaugasS
                                                        So, you want to win Bedwars?
                                You came to the right place. In this thread I'll be explaining how to win most of your games.
                                          I'll be talking about certain strategies, tricks, how to break beds, etc.
                                              (The methods written can be applied to all gamemodes)
                                               So you just joined a Bedwars game, what do you do?

                                                   -==> Early game <==-

                                          In early game, your top priority is to kill your neighboring team.
                                        this is required for all game modes like: Solos, Doubles, Triples, Quads.
                    
              After you've defeated your neighbors you will want to protect your bed with at least 1 layer of wool.
                     If you don't feel comfortable with only one, you can do two layers.
                
                           That's all you need to know for early game.

                                       -==> How to rush a team in early game? <==-

    Depending on the map if it's small you will need at least 8-12 iron ingots for wool. However, if the map is big, you will need 16 iron ingots.
                          Now, some of you might be asking "why do you need a specific amount of iron ingots?".
               The iron is needed for the wool, If you have the required materials to rush it.

                          -==> Early game tools <==-

                 You don't need any sorts of tools when you're trying to rush your neighbors in early game.
   When the match just started because your neighbor didn't have enough time he/she couldn't of already placed some amazing defense,
                           so you could just rush with your hands.

               -==> Mid-Game <==-

              Your main priority will be to get diamonds. I'd get Sharpness 1 and Protection 2 also iron armor.
              Since you will probably have 2 diamond generators those upgrades will take you 3 minutes tops.
  When you've gotten all of the upgrades that have been mentioned you're good to go to middle and rush any team that has been there.

 You may ask why? because it is a very high chance that they have already gotten 8 emeralds and are going to put obsidian around their bed.
  It would be a perfect opportunity for you to kill them, get their emeralds and put obsidian around your bed (this isn't mandatory though)

                        That's basically all you need to know about Mid-game.

                          -==> Mid-game tools <==-

                          you will mainly need TnT, a pickaxe and axe.
                 Feel free to upgrade the pickaxe because it is more likely that you will need it more.

                -==> Late game <==-
                              You've made it to late game!
        Your main priority now will be getting stacked. Not too stacked, because you will probably want to be rushing your enemy.
               The longer it takes for you to get stacked the more stacked your opponent will be as well.

                      The items you will need in Late game

                                Protection 2-3
                                Sharpness 1
                     Diamond pickaxe (incase your opponent has obsidian, check first)
                                1 pearl (Optional)
                                1 Speed potion
                                1 Jump Boost Potion
             1 Iron golem (Optional, this will help you break the opponents bed while the Iron golem is fighting the enemy).

                           -==> End game <==-

                  Congratulations! You've made it to the End game! Victory is almost in your grasp.

Since you've already become stacked after late game, I'd recommend getting the same items and also some fireballs. It is likely that the beds will break soon and        you will need a few golems to counter your opponents golems as well (assuming he has them, which he/she probably will).

                     After you've defeated your last enemy, there's nothing left to do.
                                 You've won!

                                 Tips

        I recommend setting up your quick-buy menu, this will help make you not waste any more time than you already have.
        You may be asking, "how do you set up a quick-buy shop?" I recommend putting the stuff that you use mostly in-game.
                    If you're a rusher, put Pickaxes that you mostly use, TnT, Sheers, etc.
                     If you're a defender, put clay, endstone, whatever it is you like.

    When rushing a team I recommend doing this bridging technique on small maps: 3 blocks forward 1 block up, 3 blocks forward 1 block up.
                        Keep repeating that till you're at the enemy base. 
    Why? If you do this, you will have the height advantage over the enemy, that is the most important thing to have when you're rushing a team.

                -==> Outro <==-
                     I have many tips, but I've already spent 2 hours on this one thread.
     I appreciate the people who read this and hope for your bedwars skills to improve and for you to win most of your games! Good luck!
                          I'm gonna go do something else now.
                

Yuu

Known Member
Known Member
Donator
IGN
UltraFartKnocker
Not detailed at all. There is so much lack of explanation

Yuu

Known Member
Known Member
Donator
IGN
UltraFartKnocker
Here is my advice for everyone including me - Don't make bedwars guides. Its pointless, there will always be an amount of people who will disagree with you. People have different styles of playing, and in my opinion a tips and tricks guide is okay but this is pointless. Thats why you don't see any big youtubers make guides.

Electr1fy_

Donator
Donator
My much simpler tactic is
Get 1 layer wool
Get aromr then swords
If u dont have a bed then swords
and just camp if u got time if not rush.
Homie u put 50x times the effort than me and both threads do the job

MerhusDagon

Donator
Donator
Most games don't go this smoothly, but it could be a start example for new players. The early game category isn't really helpful unless you play against people who don't place around their bed and are bad in general.

salti

Weak guide in my opinion because after you get your first rush you just keep rushing

Atronimus

I would also like to recommend always carrying Tnt in your inventory whenever rushing. Usually you can just build a little up and place it and jump down and break the bed. This usually works out for mostly everyone, however if you're unfortunate and the other player has miner fatigue/blindness traps you'll just have to give another shot. The only way to get good is to keep playing and understand the game well, once you are used to it you'll be winning games in no time.

Ikasdj

Donator
Donator
IGN
ikasdj
After first rush you should keep rushing not the a great guide its pretty meh