Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Item Concept: The Detonator

Nirahz

Donator
Donator
IGN
Nirahz
>> ITEM CONCEPT <<
With the BedWars shop being the exact same for a while, we're always trying to think of new, fun additions to add. We believe we've come up with a pretty balanced item that, in concept, should be very fun to use. We've dubbed it: "The Detonator".

The Detonator is an item that can be purchased for 2 Emeralds. The concept is simple: Right-click with the item in your hand, and you will explode, killing you instantly and dealing a good amount of KnockBack (and/or potentially damage) to enemies nearby. Additionally, it will have the possibility to destroy player-placed blocks, so think of it as an "instant-TNT". As with any item, we've had to add some drawbacks to prevent it being the main meta. I'll list some of the pros and cons below, and encourage you to come up with crazy and fun strategies for this item in the comments.

+ If you're facing opponents that are particularly good at dealing with TNT rushing and/or tool rushing, you may want to use this item as a way to expose their bed defense to your teammate.
+ If you find yourself alone on a bridge facing two opponents, you may want to decide to detonate yourself and knock them off the bridge. Double kill! (Well, triple :p)

- If used in the first scenario, this item will be practically useless unless you're rushing with a teammate.
- It's fairly expensive, and there are alternatives for the price that might be even better for rushing (e.g. a set of potions).

1662489962465.png

Let me hear your opinions in the comments!
Yours truly,
Nirahz

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Nirahz

Nirahz

Donator
Donator
IGN
Nirahz
Oops, didn't quite think through how this item would work in solos. If anyone has any ideas on how to make it work, I'll be happy to hear them out! If not, we can probably come up with a solution ourselves, or just make this item unavailable in solos.

Keyaru

IGN
prozgaming
Oops, didn't quite think through how this item would work in solos. If anyone has any ideas on how to make it work, I'll be happy to hear them out! If not, we can probably come up with a solution ourselves, or just make this item unavailable in solos.
It would work to finish off players without beds, or if it doesn't kill you instantly and gives u a big boost u could use it like a TNT jump

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Nirahz

Nirahz

Donator
Donator
IGN
Nirahz
If that were to be the primary use of it, then its cost would need to be altered similar to how TNT is more expensive in triples and quadruples. This is a decent solution, I guess, as it could add another way to spend gold in late-game solos. Interesting idea. Anyway, I've got to go off for now, so I won't be able to reply for a while. Sorry!

Aevicene

Donator
Donator
IGN
Aevicene
well so far I can only see instant kill as the main con here .....no one going to use this once they are finals/ after bed break .....if u r a final then ur opponents gonna get an upper hand with it as bridge fights gonna be way more difficult ...... tnts, kb stick, and fireballs are good enough to knock ppl off bridges doing the same with detonators makes no sense cus at the end the user (in solos) is going to die

so I would suggest making it so that the user gets a considerable amount of damage (eg 5-8 hearts damage but not insta kill) along with destroying nearby blocks (i assume clay will be indestructible ) and gives opponents a significant kb or u can use dragon breath(spawned around the user ) instead of dealing kb to damage (poison effect) nearby opponent or u can use them all together like giving opponents sm mid-range kb and poison effect for a short time

if its made so then it can be a good item to clutch with in every game mode

daviddaraban

Staff member
Great Reporter
Donator
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
Team Screenshare
IGN
daviddaraban
>> ITEM CONCEPT <<
With the BedWars shop being the exact same for a while, we're always trying to think of new, fun additions to add. We believe we've come up with a pretty balanced item that, in concept, should be very fun to use. We've dubbed it: "The Detonator".

The Detonator is an item that can be purchased for 2 Emeralds. The concept is simple: Right-click with the item in your hand, and you will explode, killing you instantly and dealing a good amount of KnockBack (and/or potentially damage) to enemies nearby. Additionally, it will have the possibility to destroy player-placed blocks, so think of it as an "instant-TNT". As with any item, we've had to add some drawbacks to prevent it being the main meta. I'll list some of the pros and cons below, and encourage you to come up with crazy and fun strategies for this item in the comments.

+ If you're facing opponents that are particularly good at dealing with TNT rushing and/or tool rushing, you may want to use this item as a way to expose their bed defense to your teammate.
+ If you find yourself alone on a bridge facing two opponents, you may want to decide to detonate yourself and knock them off the bridge. Double kill! (Well, triple :p)

- If used in the first scenario, this item will be practically useless unless you're rushing with a teammate.
- It's fairly expensive, and there are alternatives for the price that might be even better for rushing (e.g. a set of potions).

View attachment 22505

Yours truly,
Nirahz
Damn the concept i like it since we could "sacrifice" for the team using that. Bw rlly needs new items in shop

iDroom1

Donator
Donator
IGN
iDroom1
>> ITEM CONCEPT <<

View attachment 22505

Yours truly,
Nirahz
Sounds good! Can't wait for it to drop. Isn't it basically TNT just more powerful though?