Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Item Concept: The Detonator

Nirahz

Donator
Donator
IGN
Nirahz
>> ITEM CONCEPT <<
With the BedWars shop being the exact same for a while, we're always trying to think of new, fun additions to add. We believe we've come up with a pretty balanced item that, in concept, should be very fun to use. We've dubbed it: "The Detonator".

The Detonator is an item that can be purchased for 2 Emeralds. The concept is simple: Right-click with the item in your hand, and you will explode, killing you instantly and dealing a good amount of KnockBack (and/or potentially damage) to enemies nearby. Additionally, it will have the possibility to destroy player-placed blocks, so think of it as an "instant-TNT". As with any item, we've had to add some drawbacks to prevent it being the main meta. I'll list some of the pros and cons below, and encourage you to come up with crazy and fun strategies for this item in the comments.

+ If you're facing opponents that are particularly good at dealing with TNT rushing and/or tool rushing, you may want to use this item as a way to expose their bed defense to your teammate.
+ If you find yourself alone on a bridge facing two opponents, you may want to decide to detonate yourself and knock them off the bridge. Double kill! (Well, triple :p)

- If used in the first scenario, this item will be practically useless unless you're rushing with a teammate.
- It's fairly expensive, and there are alternatives for the price that might be even better for rushing (e.g. a set of potions).

1662489962465.png

Let me hear your opinions in the comments!
Yours truly,
Nirahz

Nihal_Playz

Donator
Donator
IGN
Nihal_Playz
Why would you sacrifice yourself to expose enemy beds or kill them? especially at the cost of 2 emeralds.Don't think this is a great idea.If you would make it like when you use the item,it knocks the enemies and makes you low instead of instantly killing?this sounds like suic*de bombing tbh lmao.But I would like to test it out in Private games.

OrangeEndy

Donator
Donator
IGN
OrangeEndy
Suggestion - Neutral

Hello Nirahz,
After reviewing your suggestion, I have decided to remain Neutral due to the following reason(s);.
  • As a Bedwars main, I personally dislike modded items. While they provide excitement and chaos in skywars which suites the game, Bedwars remains to be a game with classic items and mostly depends on your Gamesense and skills.
  • As of now, we have items such as Tracker, Silverfish and Iron golem in the shop. But these items do not tamper the spirit of Bedwars.

Concluding the above: I don't mind the addition of this in Bedwars because of it's price and the use in the game. According to me, this should only be added to Private games or other seasonal gamemodes like easter.

Last edited:
AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Nirahz

Nirahz

Donator
Donator
IGN
Nirahz
As a Bedwars main, I personally dislike modded items. While they provide excitement and chaos in skywars which suites the game, Bedwars remains to a game with classic items and mostly depends on your Gamesense and skills.
sure, but having items that allow for totally different strategies than anything we've seen before promotes a different style of play, and with the drawbacks it has it's not as if it's going to be a super op item. but thanks for the feedback :D

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Nirahz

Nirahz

Donator
Donator
IGN
Nirahz
everything is subject to change, i've already considered making it cost like 8 gold in solos potentially

ReallyXFN

Known Member
Known Member
With the BedWars shop being the exact same for a while, we're always trying to think of new, fun additions to add. We believe we've come up with a pretty balanced item that, in concept, should be very fun to use. We've dubbed it: "The Detonator".

The Detonator is an item that can be purchased for 2 Emeralds. The concept is simple: Right-click with the item in your hand, and you will explode, killing you instantly and dealing a good amount of KnockBack (and/or potentially damage) to enemies nearby. Additionally, it will have the possibility to destroy player-placed blocks, so think of it as an "instant-TNT". As with any item, we've had to add some drawbacks to prevent it being the main meta. I'll list some of the pros and cons below, and encourage you to come up with crazy and fun strategies for this item in the comments.

+ If you're facing opponents that are particularly good at dealing with TNT rushing and/or tool rushing, you may want to use this item as a way to expose their bed defense to your teammate.
+ If you find yourself alone on a bridge facing two opponents, you may want to decide to detonate yourself and knock them off the bridge. Double kill! (Well, triple :p)

- If used in the first scenario, this item will be practically useless unless you're rushing with a teammate.
- It's fairly expensive, and there are alternatives for the price that might be even better for rushing (e.g. a set of potions).

supokid

IGN
supokid23
No because that would this game much easier, people on the top i.e the clans or some good party's would abuse this to hell
just 2 people are enough to break a bed one person goes and blows himself up and the other goes at the right time and breaks bed
it will make the game for the people who are trying to play the game solo in 4v4 or duo go away from the gamemode so i dont think it should be added

supokid

IGN
supokid23
one thing you could do is make the tnt only blow up wool, wood and sandstone ( no endstone or clay)
that would make it so that it would only be useful at the start of the game and would encourage more players to def