Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Item Concept: The Detonator

Nirahz

Donator
Donator
IGN
Nirahz
>> ITEM CONCEPT <<
With the BedWars shop being the exact same for a while, we're always trying to think of new, fun additions to add. We believe we've come up with a pretty balanced item that, in concept, should be very fun to use. We've dubbed it: "The Detonator".

The Detonator is an item that can be purchased for 2 Emeralds. The concept is simple: Right-click with the item in your hand, and you will explode, killing you instantly and dealing a good amount of KnockBack (and/or potentially damage) to enemies nearby. Additionally, it will have the possibility to destroy player-placed blocks, so think of it as an "instant-TNT". As with any item, we've had to add some drawbacks to prevent it being the main meta. I'll list some of the pros and cons below, and encourage you to come up with crazy and fun strategies for this item in the comments.

+ If you're facing opponents that are particularly good at dealing with TNT rushing and/or tool rushing, you may want to use this item as a way to expose their bed defense to your teammate.
+ If you find yourself alone on a bridge facing two opponents, you may want to decide to detonate yourself and knock them off the bridge. Double kill! (Well, triple :p)

- If used in the first scenario, this item will be practically useless unless you're rushing with a teammate.
- It's fairly expensive, and there are alternatives for the price that might be even better for rushing (e.g. a set of potions).

1662489962465.png

Let me hear your opinions in the comments!
Yours truly,
Nirahz

MiltonNJ05

Sr.Mod
Staff member
Sr.Mod
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Events
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
Team Screenshare
IGN
MiltonNJ05
Great idea! I think this would be super cool to add for sure. This will be incredibly useful for wiping teams, as you could easily run into a base/gen full of low players and detonate to finish the team off as opposed to taking a 1v4/1v3. As Sjern said above, ya’ll should definitely add this to PG’s so people can check it out and give accurate feed back, because it is a super unique and awesome idea.

>> ITEM CONCEPT <<
With the BedWars shop being the exact same for a while, we're always trying to think of new, fun additions to add. We believe we've come up with a pretty balanced item that, in concept, should be very fun to use. We've dubbed it: "The Detonator".

The Detonator is an item that can be purchased for 2 Emeralds. The concept is simple: Right-click with the item in your hand, and you will explode, killing you instantly and dealing a good amount of KnockBack (and/or potentially damage) to enemies nearby. Additionally, it will have the possibility to destroy player-placed blocks, so think of it as an "instant-TNT". As with any item, we've had to add some drawbacks to prevent it being the main meta. I'll list some of the pros and cons below, and encourage you to come up with crazy and fun strategies for this item in the comments.

+ If you're facing opponents that are particularly good at dealing with TNT rushing and/or tool rushing, you may want to use this item as a way to expose their bed defense to your teammate.
+ If you find yourself alone on a bridge facing two opponents, you may want to decide to detonate yourself and knock them off the bridge. Double kill! (Well, triple :p)

- If used in the first scenario, this item will be practically useless unless you're rushing with a teammate.
- It's fairly expensive, and there are alternatives for the price that might be even better for rushing (e.g. a set of potions).

View attachment 22505

Yours truly,
Nirahz
Imagine if someone screams allahu akbar in the chat before using it 🤔

alyan

Donator
Donator
>> ITEM CONCEPT <<

View attachment 22505

Yours truly,
Nirahz
Can't wait for a bunch of noobs to buy 1 stack "Detonator" with Punch 3 Bow 😀

__Poff__

Donator
Donator
IGN
__Poff__
What if this is a diamond upgrade like other 1 time use effects (like a trap) not in solos tho

Amarr

Donator
Donator
IGN
Pakistani_
doesn't make any sense to me in solos but in other than solo it'll be a good and useful item

Ranked_YT

Donator
Donator
>> ITEM CONCEPT <<

View attachment 22505

Yours truly,
Nirahz
Good idea and suggestion but bad players who doesn't know to pvp would just abuse this and be very annoying

kaivalya

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
It sounds like an original Idea buttt
It will make clutching difficult, as once oponent's bed is gone we can keep attacking him with detonators
It's fairly expensive
Its not expensive at all
The more I think about it, the more it sounds more like solar power attack of bulbasaur
where "he takes one turn to charge and then next turn to hit hard" meaning "it should be more expensive"
but pricing it 2 emrald is like allowing him to attack on the same turn
that being said price will only matter if it gets added, which am skeptical about as it could cause some serious trolling.