Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Denied Punishments lookup command

Status
Not open for further replies.

vShifuu

Donator
Donator
Minecraft Username:
oShifuu​

What is your suggestion's title?
Punishments lookup command

Suggestion Details:
Add an alternative way to lookup player punishments.
For a few weeks now, the punishment page has been giving time out errors ALOT more often than usual. I wouldn't usually care about it but, this causes a massive inconvenience when you're just someone trying to check if a player is actually banned or has just encountered an ip conflict, which is for whatever reason extremely common.
So, I had an idea that could fix this. ( maybe not an easy one )
+ Add a command to the JartexNetwork discord bot that allows members to lookup the 3 ( or 1 ) Latest
punishment(s) a player has received In-game. ( Including duration , reason )
! (Important) !
A downside to this maybe that the discord bot can lag alot more than it already does IF many people run the command at the same time. So a fairly simple way to help reduce that would be to only allow SELECT members from the community to have access to the command.
Example : Someone who is active on discord could ask a Sr.Mod if they meet Set requirements to have access to this command.

How could this idea help improve JartexNetwork?
Would help people who might have encountered an issue as common as Ip conflicts to know if they're actually banned or let others check it for them.

Extra Information:
I have only recently started to get into programming and Don't know nor claim to know how difficult this would be to implement.

Last edited:

Lumin0us

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
+1
It will be useful for me to check the false punishment Madcc gave me

DROGON623

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
I dont see any point to adding this if only a few members will be given this permission. A more long term and better solution would be to just fix the forums punishment page.

not_Nuggets

Addicted Member
Banned
Donator
IGN
not_Nuggets
The reason the forums page is so laggy is because it loads like every single punishment to date. Thats why it takes so long to load. The /punishments command should be accessible to everyone, but you should be able to disable it for your profile if a non-staff uses the command

MetalSoul7

IGN
MetalSoul7
Good idea, good explaining, and might be useful, but I'll remain neutral.

Adenn

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
IGN
Adeyn
+1 [Undeniably this is a Great suggestion, Definitely possible to add!]

hakim251

Known Member
Known Member
Donator
IGN
hakim251
Or just fix the page for once 👍 been 7 months.

not_Nuggets

Addicted Member
Banned
Donator
IGN
not_Nuggets
Or just fix the page for once 👍 been 7 months.
What is there to fix. I get all the crashes and stuff can be fixed, but the lag cant due to the fact it loads all 70k+ punishments

not_Nuggets

Addicted Member
Banned
Donator
IGN
not_Nuggets
A
Minecraft Username:
oShifuu​

What is your suggestion's title?
Punishments lookup command

Suggestion Details:
Add an alternative way to lookup player punishments.
For a few weeks now, the punishment page has been giving time out errors ALOT more often than usual. I wouldn't usually care about it but, this causes a massive inconvenience when you're just someone trying to check if a player is actually banned or has just encountered an ip conflict, which is for whatever reason extremely common.
So, I had an idea that could fix this. ( maybe not an easy one )
+ Add a command to the JartexNetwork discord bot that allows members to lookup the 3 ( or 1 ) Latest
punishment(s) a player has received In-game. ( Including duration , reason )
! (Important) !
A downside to this maybe that the discord bot can lag alot more than it already does IF many people run the command at the same time. So a fairly simple way to help reduce that would be to only allow SELECT members from the community to have access to the command.
Example : Someone who is active on discord could ask a Sr.Mod if they meet Set requirements to have access to this command.

How could this idea help improve JartexNetwork?
Would help people who might have encountered an issue as common as Ip conflicts to know if they're actually banned or let others check it for them.

Extra Information:
I have only recently started to get into programming and Don't know nor claim to know how difficult this would be to implement.
Also for this, I suggested something like this to Roda before, and for this to work, he needs to code a forums API

hakim251

Known Member
Known Member
Donator
IGN
hakim251
What is there to fix. I get all the crashes and stuff can be fixed, but the lag cant due to the fact it loads all 70k+ punishments
I don't think kicks from 2020 to 2015 matter or warns.

Status
Not open for further replies.