Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Splash potions?

Nirahz

Donator
Donator
IGN
Nirahz
So, a short while back, I was just idly thinking of new things to add to bedwars, like usual because I am a good developer! Anyway, I was wondering what the general opinion is on splash potions. I was thinking of making it like this:

You right-click on a potion in the shop, and it turns into the splash variant of it, that you can then buy. This does not come without drawbacks, however:

- The splash potion will have half the duration of the drinkable one
- The splash potion will cost 2 emeralds in solos/doubles and 3 emeralds in triples/quads

I personally think this is an item that could lead to some interesting strategies.

Some feedback I have already gotten:

"Why so many nerfs?"
Splash potions are, in most situations, better than regular potions. The nerfs I discussed previously are put in place to make them more on par with regular potions, not better.

"Wouldn't everyone just buy a regular potion with all these nerfs? What's the point?"
Most people would still buy a regular potion, I agree, but there are many uses where splash potions are superior and fun to use. I want to add splash potions due to the variety of interesting strategies you can use with them, for example:

- Rushing a base without pots, noticing they have blindness, quickly splashing jump and getting away.
- Not paying attention at mid, getting crit out, quickly splashing speed and comboing your enemy.
- Rushing a base while an enemy is chasing you, wasting no time drinking a pot and instead quickly splashing speed to get to the base faster.

And there's probably a lot more situations you can think of. I'd like to know your thoughts on this idea below, with valid feedback on why you do/don't like it.

Thanks!
~ Nirahz

Almostlikeaboss

Sr.Mod
Staff member
Sr.Mod
Donator
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Events
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
IGN
Almostlikeaboss
-1 nah I’m good. I’m staying with drinkable ones

hasey

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
IGN
xHasey
add something new rather than making a different version of something that already exists

jackoryan

Donator
Donator
IGN
jackoryan
Nirahz Nirahz should this be in suggestions or no? Anyways I'm +1 for it