Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Thoughts on the gamemode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iFlyYT

Sr.Mod
Staff member
Sr.Mod
Great Reporter
Donator
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
Team Social Media
(First post) but I believe this gamemode is actually quite well made, I'm not usually a fan of server side resource packs but it really does show the gamemode off in a better light itself.

Jitterinq

Known Member
Known Member
Donator
bad

devs dont look at it anymore its hella boring

getting keys is way to hard should add a enchant for it the enchants that we have now are useless
leveling up takes way to long
alts is still a big issue
islands to big 15 people is way to much makes one island to overpowered
and much more issues
why are you complaining your island is the one abusing the ability to have 15 people. Just get good men

Sav

Addicted Member
Donator
It was fun at first, and the quests were kind of interesting but It got boring after having to spend hours just cutting down trees etc, just to get one quest. Overall It needs more quests in my opinion.

SuperMariobrine

Addicted Member
I agree with what Sav said above. Initially it was fun following the automated quests around the map and gaining rewards along the way, especially alongside periodic events that happened every 10-15 mins. The enchants were also neat and added to the grindy aspect so that whatever chore we had to complete didn't feel too stale (though a few enchants have to be fixed and an enchant list MUST be added).

Now I said it was fun grinding for a while, that is until we get not even half way through the level progression. It is at levels 45 (for a lot of people at least) to 60+ where the grinding becomes an unfun kind of grind, at that point no other source of experience truly contributes to leveling up besides chopping wood. Farming, Fishing, even killing mobs at that point gives very miniscule amounts, as in we don't even see the exp bar move.

The other problem is when so many people end up at that point of progression and we all have to chop trees, the area is so small and there aren't very many trees to chop, some people can't progress when there are players with really intense tools taking all the trees to no avail. Even with enough trees, the overarching problem still stands that there aren't enough flexible ways of gaining exp without relying on ONLY one activity which even gets progressively slower and slower to gain exp with, to the point where it takes chopping 30 birch logs to gain 1% of experience, that is dreadful. We don't unlock the mining activity until we are level 75 which is so far away for a majority of the players(getting to 60 was already super tedious and boring with an exp gap of 60k to 10mil).

This game not only needs more quests to entertain and reward us more along the way, but there needs to be alternate RELIABLE sources of exp when we get to higher levels besides the new activity we unlock, because a lot of people stopped playing when that was the only way to level up after or even before level 60 (at an abysmally slow rate no less).

Jigsaw_Jigsaw

Donator
Donator
(First post) but I believe this gamemode is actually quite well made, I'm not usually a fan of server side resource packs but it really does show the gamemode off in a better light itself.
Its pretty fun when u start out but when u reach around level 40 it gets too slow and way too boring + repetitive. (also the p2w people are making around 300b per day and the economy is almost already ruined lmao)

ned_

Donator
Donator
boring game i used to enjoy it but now i just sit there farming carrots cutting down trees

SoenceGam3ing

Donator
Donator
IGN
SoenceGam3ing
Honestly I think the Gamemode itself is great, is has a really interesting spin off aswell as engaging gameplay. But the way it was implemented was not in a way that helped keep it's activity.

Otherwise i quite enjoy the gamemode

MarcoPolo64

IGN
MarcoPolo64
Personally, I can only farm carrots/wheat or chop logs for so many hours before my repetitive stress injury kicks in :)
Quit when i had to farm for more than 1 hour to get to the next quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.