Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

WHat do you guys prefer ?? 1.8 or 1.9

Aevicene

Donator
Donator
IGN
Aevicene
since there's been a lot of talk about the differences between 1.8 and 1.9 also has its own uniqueness around in the mc pvp community ...which version do you guys prefer for the minigames and why?

kaivalya

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
Jartex is prolly hosted on 1.8.9 so I use 1.8.9

In my opinion its better if you match client version with server's version so as to prevent lag backs and unfair advantages

For ex. This is a very specific example i remember when I used to play UHC in 1.15 where I would jump into a lake and try to swim as fast as possible to the other end but server would always send me back few blocks everytime I swimed some distance
I didn't knew why that was happening for a long time but after investigating a bit I found out swimming speed in higher versions in more than that in 1.8.9, so on the client side I was swimming fast but on the server side when server realised I had swimed to far it would just TP me back to
the appropriate distance
It actually is the same distance traveled in both version but in higher version it gets annoying coz of the lagbacks
Also sometimes server would kick you for swimming that fast because it will assume its some client modification

Also you might already know this but PvP in 1.8.9 has a big advantage like no cooldown (cooldown is also set to 0 on higher version but its a little annoying)

This doesn't mean that 1.8.9 has all the advantage
For ex. In 1.16 u can jump a little higher than that in lower version and server don't detect that
So if you were to put a enchanting table and jump a little more than 1.5 block you would be able to in 1.16 but not in 1.8.9

OlZIH14.jpg

Last edited:

dayssling

Donator
Donator
IGN
dayssling
since there's been a lot of talk about the differences between 1.8 and 1.9 also has its own uniqueness around in the mc pvp community ...which version do you guys prefer for the minigames and why?
I prefer 1.8 but I really don't like how higher CPS player have more advantage. I don't like 1.9+ PVP as it's so annoying to wait for cooldown.

Difficulted

Great Reporter
Donator
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Reports
Team Social Media
IGN
Difficulted
I use 1.8,9, I never tried 1.9+ PvP.

Polkadot

Addicted Member
IGN
Poldotka
I’m prefering 1.17.1 because original minecraft doesn’t supports 1.8 or 1.9

Rqzym

Addicted Member
Donator
IGN
Rqzym
I prefer 1.8/1.7
It doesnt require a lot of skill to play casualy, but there is plenty of room for improvements. The pvp is chill and nice, along side promoting risky and attacking behaviour rather then 1.9 which prefers defensive playstyles.

1.8 just allows you to do more things like hit selecting, jump resetting, etc that isnt a thing in 1.9.