Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD
  • Welcome to Suggestions
    More information can be found here: CLICK ME

SkyWars Add new ways of obtaining kits.

LYeetX

Minecraft Username:
LYeetX​

What is the suggestion about?
Add new ways of obtaining kits.​

Description:
The usual brainwasher is not very good because it gives useless death messages and stuff. I think there should be a 'kit only' brainwasher which will allow us to obtain kits easily. If we get a kit we already have, it either upgrades it or gives us coins... Right now, getting a good kit is very hard because we have to use the brainwasher countless number of times before getting even a normal kit because there is just so many other things we can unlock. Its too hard.​

How can this idea help to improve JartexNetwork?
It would make Skywars more fun and not too grindy or luck based.​

MRxCOLD

Jr.Mod
Staff member
Jr.Mod
Donator
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
Team Social Media
IGN
MRxCOLD
+1 I really don't care because I already got everything but for newer players it would be great

WiprifterYt

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Team Reports
Team Screenshare
IGN
WiprifterYt
Hey LYeetX,
Well... call me crazy, but I will have to stay neutral or maybe slightly disagree on this one.

As I remember, the days I kept grinding for kits or maybe some cosmetics were great and I used to truly enjoy them. Now that I have unlocked every single kit that exists, I feel like grinding is sort of useless when it come to such stuff. Maybe Jartex could just increase the kit drop chances I suppose... And yes, there is a whole bunch of people that abuse their kits - and yes I might be one of them sometimes! The thing I need to notice however, is that most of the kits that are being abused are rank kits in Normal that are not obtainable through brainwashers anyways. Furthermore I have seen an increase in the amount of people that have unlocked kits like "Healer Kit" and I think that if the kit drop chances were far too high, the game would just not be fun.

Maybe I'm not on the right on this one. I would love to have people's feedback though!

Rugratboy

IGN
Rugratboy
Hey LYeetX,
Well... call me crazy, but I will have to stay neutral or maybe slightly disagree on this one.

As I remember, the days I kept grinding for kits or maybe some cosmetics were great and I used to truly enjoy them. Now that I have unlocked every single kit that exists, I feel like grinding is sort of useless when it come to such stuff. Maybe Jartex could just increase the kit drop chances I suppose... And yes, there is a whole bunch of people that abuse their kits - and yes I might be one of them sometimes! The thing I need to notice however, is that most of the kits that are being abused are rank kits in Normal that are not obtainable through brainwashers anyways. Furthermore I have seen an increase in the amount of people that have unlocked kits like "Healer Kit" and I think that if the kit drop chances were far too high, the game would just not be fun.

Maybe I'm not on the right on this one. I would love to have people's feedback though!
To the original post. +1

But to this statement I want to put in perspective of someone currently grinding for kits.
I have iron rank as can be seen, so I also have an advantage of being able to open more often than a normal player.
After 1000 games of skywars (which is not the most, but should be plenty to be able to at least do most things in my opinion) How many kits do I have unlocked?
Less then half... And thats not including rank kits.

Part of the fun of skywars is to try different things, find different strategies to win. But its being hampered down by a system of opening a crate every 30 minutes for a normal player.

So ya sure, your point of collecting the different stuff and slowly completing the inventory is definitely a cool thing. But the main fun of the game to me, is having things to do. And right now my options to play the game is Healer kit. Wolves. Have speed potions. And bow spam for about 12 arrows. And maybe an invis potion? but invis potions don't do much.

Just for the kits I have right now? not including all the cosmetics It would take, without getting the brains either, 4 hours. Again, not including the time to get the brains, not including the time of getting cosmetics over and over either, or the repeat kits I've gotten. And not including the doubles modes kit's. Thats just waiting around, for a crate to say "ok I can be opened now!"

And finally, for your last point. "i have seen an increase in the amount of people that have unlocked kits like "Healer kit"... If kit drop chances were too high, the game would just not be fun"

I have to ask. Fun to who? Is it not fun to you? or is it not fun to the players?
If it's not fun to you, is it because now you no longer have an advantage with using healing potions because everyone has them? That sounds like an issue with a different mechanic all together. If every person having a kit makes that kit no longer fun, that's an issue.
But secondly. As a counter point. How fun is it to go against someone who has every kit, when you don't even have one yet? Or even if you do it may be completely worthless, such as builder.
Im not necessarily accusing you with this last part, but It would be nice to see clarification for my own nit picks.

Sulcrus_

+1 Kinda a cool idea pretty much It would be fun if it would implemented...

WiprifterYt

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Team Reports
Team Screenshare
IGN
WiprifterYt
To the original post. +1

But to this statement I want to put in perspective of someone currently grinding for kits.
I have iron rank as can be seen, so I also have an advantage of being able to open more often than a normal player.
After 1000 games of skywars (which is not the most, but should be plenty to be able to at least do most things in my opinion) How many kits do I have unlocked?
Less then half... And thats not including rank kits.

Part of the fun of skywars is to try different things, find different strategies to win. But its being hampered down by a system of opening a crate every 30 minutes for a normal player.

So ya sure, your point of collecting the different stuff and slowly completing the inventory is definitely a cool thing. But the main fun of the game to me, is having things to do. And right now my options to play the game is Healer kit. Wolves. Have speed potions. And bow spam for about 12 arrows. And maybe an invis potion? but invis potions don't do much.

Just for the kits I have right now? not including all the cosmetics It would take, without getting the brains either, 4 hours. Again, not including the time to get the brains, not including the time of getting cosmetics over and over either, or the repeat kits I've gotten. And not including the doubles modes kit's. Thats just waiting around, for a crate to say "ok I can be opened now!"

And finally, for your last point. "i have seen an increase in the amount of people that have unlocked kits like "Healer kit"... If kit drop chances were too high, the game would just not be fun"

I have to ask. Fun to who? Is it not fun to you? or is it not fun to the players?
If it's not fun to you, is it because now you no longer have an advantage with using healing potions because everyone has them? That sounds like an issue with a different mechanic all together. If every person having a kit makes that kit no longer fun, that's an issue.
But secondly. As a counter point. How fun is it to go against someone who has every kit, when you don't even have one yet? Or even if you do it may be completely worthless, such as builder.
Im not necessarily accusing you with this last part, but It would be nice to see clarification for my own nit picks.
Hello Rugratboy,
I definitely have to agree that you really did raise some great points there and I do have agree with most of them. What I need to notice though, is the way you argue on my last point - I know from personal experience, that as you are currently someone that is grinding for kits, you of course think that I (and probably many other people) are some sort of players that just want to abuse their kits against others. Even though this might be it for a small amount of us, for the majority, this is simply not the case. Let's be real here, "Healer Kit" is the kit that everyone would love to have and would use it as their main kit, but imagine a place where 8(or more)/10 players had it - this place would just be chaotic wouldn't it?. The same goes for other kits as well (not for all of them obviously)... I mean we can see how other Skywars servers have ended up, when everyone has unlocked most kits - there is just not space for new players.

At this point, maybe Jartex should just increase the chance of getting kits from crates - definitely not any kind of "Kit Only Brainwashers" though.

I would love to have your feedback!

Rugratboy

IGN
Rugratboy
Hello Rugratboy,
I definitely have to agree that you really did raise some great points there and I do have agree with most of them. What I need to notice though, is the way you argue on my last point - I know from personal experience, that as you are currently someone that is grinding for kits, you of course think that I (and probably many other people) are some sort of players that just want to abuse their kits against others. Even though this might be it for a small amount of us, for the majority, this is simply not the case. Let's be real here, "Healer Kit" is the kit that everyone would love to have and would use it as their main kit, but imagine a place where 8(or more)/10 players had it - this place would just be chaotic wouldn't it?. The same goes for other kits as well (not for all of them obviously)... I mean we can see how other Skywars servers have ended up, when everyone has unlocked most kits - there is just not space for new players.

At this point, maybe Jartex should just increase the chance of getting kits from crates - definitely not any kind of "Kit Only Brainwashers" though.

I would love to have your feedback!
Heyo, glad that you read through it.
Now to go over my experience, I am someone who already has healer kit, so I do get the perspective that you don't want to just abuse it. And that is also partly why I mentioned "if everyone has the same kit, and suddenly it becomes unfun, then that's an issue with a mechanic, and if everyone having the same kit makes it unfun, thats a different problem altogether." but to your credit, it wasn't the clearest to what I was aiming it towards.
And I do entirely agree that having a full lobby of healer kit would be unfun, but that's a different topic altogether, so I won't make a full rant on it.

Now for another argument you made, "if everyone has unlocked most kits, there is just no space for new players" which, is partly true.
But at the same time, that was over years of development for the ones still standing. Where mechanics changed, how to obtain things changed. Without much explanation over the years.

So, as a combined statement for both that, and the original post, ya chances to get kits should be increased, and while I don't particularly like the idea of a kit only one specifically, I do find the idea to be better then what we have now. Which, I could have mentioned (and should of) in the original post. And, things should be better explained overall to ease players in.

Overall, to go over everything in a hopefully condensed format.
I do agree that most don't want to abuse kits including myself. Just that the way you worded that made me want confirmation on your end of what you were wanting when saying "the game would be unfun" as it was too generalized.

For a different topic altogether, everyone having healer kit would make the game unfun that is true. Due to it changing the way the game would have to be played, else wise you just kinda lose. But that's a balancing issue altogether.

For the "no space for new players" statement, that's partly true. Most servers don't have a great way to introduce everything to players, or even just expect them to figure it out on their own entirely. So ya, giving everyone everything would make it confusing with the system this server has now, and many others of "just figure it out" So I agree with the general point, but I do think there is a way to not have it as bad.

And while I also don't necessarily 100% agree with a kit-only brainwasher, I still believe chances, or a way to specifically obtain kits in a more timely fashion, does need to exist. So I agree with the idea in hopes that something will be changed.

SolidPrep

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Team Reports
IGN
SolidPrep
Minecraft Username:
LYeetX

Add new ways of obtaining kits.

Description:
The usual brainwasher is not very good because it gives useless death messages and stuff. I think there should be a 'kit only' brainwasher which will allow us to obtain kits easily. If we get a kit we already have, it either upgrades it or gives us coins... Right now, getting a good kit is very hard because we have to use the brainwasher countless number of times before getting even a normal kit because there is just so many other things we can unlock. Its too hard.

It would make Skywars more fun and not too grindy or luck based.
Yo L LYeetX , After reviewing ur suggestion, I have decided to Upvote/+1 it for the following reason(s):
I've got almost all the kits in sw, but I still needa unlock some, so yeah.

WiprifterYt

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Team Reports
Team Screenshare
IGN
WiprifterYt
Heyo, glad that you read through it.
Now to go over my experience, I am someone who already has healer kit, so I do get the perspective that you don't want to just abuse it. And that is also partly why I mentioned "if everyone has the same kit, and suddenly it becomes unfun, then that's an issue with a mechanic, and if everyone having the same kit makes it unfun, thats a different problem altogether." but to your credit, it wasn't the clearest to what I was aiming it towards.
And I do entirely agree that having a full lobby of healer kit would be unfun, but that's a different topic altogether, so I won't make a full rant on it.

Now for another argument you made, "if everyone has unlocked most kits, there is just no space for new players" which, is partly true.
But at the same time, that was over years of development for the ones still standing. Where mechanics changed, how to obtain things changed. Without much explanation over the years.

So, as a combined statement for both that, and the original post, ya chances to get kits should be increased, and while I don't particularly like the idea of a kit only one specifically, I do find the idea to be better then what we have now. Which, I could have mentioned (and should of) in the original post. And, things should be better explained overall to ease players in.

Overall, to go over everything in a hopefully condensed format.
I do agree that most don't want to abuse kits including myself. Just that the way you worded that made me want confirmation on your end of what you were wanting when saying "the game would be unfun" as it was too generalized.

For a different topic altogether, everyone having healer kit would make the game unfun that is true. Due to it changing the way the game would have to be played, else wise you just kinda lose. But that's a balancing issue altogether.

For the "no space for new players" statement, that's partly true. Most servers don't have a great way to introduce everything to players, or even just expect them to figure it out on their own entirely. So ya, giving everyone everything would make it confusing with the system this server has now, and many others of "just figure it out" So I agree with the general point, but I do think there is a way to not have it as bad.

And while I also don't necessarily 100% agree with a kit-only brainwasher, I still believe chances, or a way to specifically obtain kits in a more timely fashion, does need to exist. So I agree with the idea in hopes that something will be changed.
I totally agree with you... especially with your "And while I also don't necessarily 100% agree with a kit-only brainwasher, I still believe chances, or a way to specifically obtain kits in a more timely fashion, does need to exist. So I agree with the idea in hopes that something will be changed."argument. I think we both agree on this one : D.

iDroom1

Donator
Donator
IGN
iDroom1
Minecraft Username:
LYeetX

Add new ways of obtaining kits.

Description:
The usual brainwasher is not very good because it gives useless death messages and stuff. I think there should be a 'kit only' brainwasher which will allow us to obtain kits easily. If we get a kit we already have, it either upgrades it or gives us coins... Right now, getting a good kit is very hard because we have to use the brainwasher countless number of times before getting even a normal kit because there is just so many other things we can unlock. Its too hard.

It would make Skywars more fun and not too grindy or luck based.
I, iDroom1, give this an (Upvote +1) because I think this is a great idea!
It's so hard to get kits. We need this!!