Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Denied Forums Handled Trial applications should be made public again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirahz

Donator
Donator
IGN
Nirahz
Minecraft Username:
Nirahz​

What is the suggestion about?
Handled Trial applications should be made public again.​

Description:
Very simple: I think old applications that have been accepted or denied should be made public again in the "Trial Applications Archive" subforum. It has been made clear to me that the reason the archive was made private, was due to privacy issues (specifically, applicants' real-life names). I suggest to prevent these privacy issues, you remove the "First Name:" question entirely. Names can be exchanged in interviews, for example.

If this is asking too much, then only the accepted Trial applications should/could be made public.​

How can this idea help to improve JartexNetwork?
Reading what a staff member has written in their application helps us, the players, understand what kind of person a new trial is, and what they play (for example). It may also help serve as a guide to what an application could and/or should look like, which is helpful for potential applicants who are not quite sure what to write.​

WildAbbee

Addicted Member
Banned
Donator
IGN
WildAbbee
+1
Neutral
I want them back too,
But as malke said people copy, if you remember back in December 2020 multiple people were using zethful's and evildrago's app and some even got accepted . So yea
that's on whoevers reviewing the apps, its not a reason to private them. and even if they are private apps can still be copied either from the staff sending the app in dms or from another server

rLilJesus

Donator
Donator
We have no rights in the applications. Either way, Management decides who gets accepted or denied.

Plagiarised applications are obvious.
(My opinion: All applications are plagiarised in 1 way or another. They all follow the common structure a pro used it back in the day to get accepted. Although, no one really considered that to be plagiarism because they mix up the words but the body structure is all the same.)

Additionally, they just want to check the applications to vote -1 and + 1 on people you like | who deserve it.

It is pointless for the community to be voting on them as a Team Application is a think, besides if you really want to help out just apply to help them on the part.

This suggestion is useless.

And because there is something/someone to back you up. In the past reading old applications they are full of hate comments as well as people shading the applicants, mocking them wasn't out either. IT will be a mess chocz700 chocz700 Rodagave115 Rodagave115 should not consider doing.

(quoting my opinion or telling hate comments towards it will be ignored. MSG me on discord if u want to talk about it)

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Nirahz

Nirahz

Donator
Donator
IGN
Nirahz
if you took as much time writing your reply as reading my suggestion, you would notice I specifically mentioned the word "handled". while I would like to see applications open for community feedback as well, I realise this is not an effective method of choosing who and who does not get staff, so I've dropped any ambitions i had for that being a feature. what I do still believe is the right thing to do, is making applications that have already been reviewed by staff public. that's what I'm talking about in this suggestion.

XstreamSpeed

Addicted Member
Banned
Donator
IGN
XstreamSpeed
People can copy applications which will result in breaking the rules and its already very obvious that they are copied so plagiarism isn't really a big problem and who does so will get punished accordingly I'm voting +1 the extra info part deserves a plus 1

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Nirahz

Nirahz

Donator
Donator
IGN
Nirahz
i see how that would be a concern you have, and I do recognise that people would plagiarise. however, it doesn't take too long to check for plagiarism, so I don't exactly see the issue. players who plagiarise will be denied.

XstreamSpeed

Addicted Member
Banned
Donator
IGN
XstreamSpeed
i see how that would be a concern you have, and I do recognise that people would plagiarise. however, it doesn't take too long to check for plagiarism, so I don't exactly see the issue. players who plagiarise will be denied.
That's what I'm saying but nobody understands

Xplode

Known Member
Known Member
Donator
+1 i dont understand why they made it all private

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Nirahz

Nirahz

Donator
Donator
IGN
Nirahz
+1 i dont understand why they made it all private
from what i've heard it's because of privacy issues with people having to fill out their first name for one of the questions

rLilJesus

Donator
Donator
if you took as much time writing your reply as reading my suggestion, you would notice I specifically mentioned the word "handled". while I would like to see applications open for community feedback as well, I realise this is not an effective method of choosing who and who does not get staff, so I've dropped any ambitions i had for that being a feature. what I do still believe is the right thing to do, is making applications that have already been reviewed by staff public. that's what I'm talking about in this suggestion.
I miss understood it.

However, I still disagree.

Zone, was trying his best to help the staff team and a bunch of people (including you? I will be lying if I remember correctly) were mocking him for the stuff he has said on the applications.

An application locked for community members should stay put as it is. There is no need for us to know what happens inside an application. There is no use.

And the drama has already been created of the new trials accepted. Letting people publicly view them would be hell for them but funny for the people joking with him.

If you agree with the Sr.Mods then you know their decision is right.

huge -1

Status
Not open for further replies.