Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD
  • Welcome to Suggestions
    More information can be found here: CLICK ME

Discord Role on Discord for assistance chat supporters

not_Nuggets

Addicted Member
Banned
Donator
IGN
not_Nuggets
Minecraft Username:
not_Nuggets​

What is your suggestion's title?
Role on Discord for assistance chat supporters​

Suggestion Details:
Hello everyone, Nuggets here.
Disclaimer, I am very drunk so this might not make any sense. I thought I had a high alc tolerance but it turns out 1 glass (yes, glass) of vodka wil make me very crazy.

So we just saw the introduction of "Console Support" role for staff, yet the player to staff ratio (L + ratio, yb = better) who actually support players in assistance chat is much in favor of the players. I see many players of the community helping players in assistance chat, way more than actual staff, and they get no credit for actually providin the support or fix for an issue. Right now the only real "reward" is a better chance at becoming staff, which is nice, but I think the ones not going for staff should receive a role to commemorate them.

So, I present to you, the "Assistance Helper" (name can be worked on, I cant think of a good name).
This role will be given to a few people on the day of its release, mainly very active assistance chat helpers.

Staff (I am assuming SrMods) will view the channel now and then, and if players actively help in assistance chat, and maybe have a message requirement (which doesnt include asking for actual help), will receive the role. I was also thinking of an actual vouch system, which is basically a discord command a player can execute that gives 1 point to the player who helped them. Maybe something along the lines of /thank *Message Link*.

Why a message link?
So that the player who needs assistance doesnt just thank someone else.
Dont get me wrong, Roda or Thiemo will have to make this feature non-abusable, and there should be an appropriate punishment of thanking someone else.

I also think people who ask for someone to thank them after helping them shouldnt be allowed. Something along the lines of "If that's all the help you need, have a good day, and if you have a second, please use the /thank command and copy this message link : *inputs link*". Grinding for this role will obviously exist, but I dont think someone who is helping someone for the role should get the role. If someone dms the user instead, "hey can u execute this command in assistance chat for me?", they should be punished if the person requiring assistance reports it.

I think I had more ideas for the role, but if any staff wants more information, they can DM me tomorrow when I am either hungover or completely fine. My discord has been changed, it is now Joshh#4071 (the username Josh wasn't available).​

How could this idea help improve JartexNetwork?
Gives more credit to the active helpers within the community.​

Extra Information:
Somehow my spelling is brilliant.​

Lumin0us

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
+1 because the pedophile also known as kaivalya has voted -1

OrangeEndy

Donator
Donator
IGN
OrangeEndy
Suggestion - Neutral

Hello not_Nuggets,
After reviewing your suggestion, I have decided to remain Neutral due to the following reason(s);
  • While this will be a good addition, I am not sure about "thanking system". Thanking points seems unnecessary. The bot is still struggling to generate response to the priority commands like .info , so it just means that this will put load on the bot.
  • But I am certainly In favor of the Role. In my opinion, it should be named "Community Assistance" role, which is a generic name throughout Discord.
Adding to that, I think to ping the recently added role on Discord, a player should have role of Community Assistance or one of the reporter roles. This will prevent new players from abusing the commands and disturbing the Staff on false issues.

Last edited:
AUTHOR
AUTHOR
not_Nuggets

not_Nuggets

Addicted Member
Banned
Donator
IGN
not_Nuggets
Suggestion - Neutral

Hello not_Nuggets,
After reviewing your suggestion, I have decided to remain Neutral due to the following reason(s);
  • While this will be a good addition, I am not sure about "thanking system". Thanking points seems unnecessary. The bot is still struggling to generate response to the priority commands like .info , so it just means that this will put load on the bot.
  • But I am certainly In favor of the Role. In my opinion, it should be named "Community Assistance" role, which is a generic name throughout Discord.
Adding to that, I think to ping the recently added role on Discord, a player should have role of Community Assistance or one of the reporter roles. This will prevent new players from abusing the commands and disturbing the Staff on false issues.
The thanking system would merely act as a sort of count because giving people the roles based on reputation or other players could be risky, and srmods dont have the time to just browse through assistance chat and give the role. Thus, the creation of the /thank system

OrangeEndy

Donator
Donator
IGN
OrangeEndy
The thanking system would merely act as a sort of count because giving people the roles based on reputation or other players could be risky, and srmods dont have the time to just browse through assistance chat and give the role. Thus, the creation of the /thank system
If you are saying that thanking system would help in the recruitment of assistants, addition of this would be justified. But this role can be given just like Active memer or Known member (suggested by Staff or visible contribution in assistance chat)

Lumin0us

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
thanking system was already suggested and denied like a year or 2 ago tho

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
not_Nuggets

not_Nuggets

Addicted Member
Banned
Donator
IGN
not_Nuggets
I'd like to say something real quick.
I have always and will always help players, not for recognition, but just to help so that they can somehow enjoy playing Jartex. I don't help for rewards, but I am always happy when someone genuinely thanks me for helping them.

daviddaraban

Staff member
Great Reporter
Donator
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
Team Screenshare
IGN
daviddaraban
Minecraft Username:
not_Nuggets​

What is your suggestion's title?
Role on Discord for assistance chat supporters​

Suggestion Details:
Hello everyone, Nuggets here.​
Disclaimer, I am very drunk so this might not make any sense. I thought I had a high alc tolerance but it turns out 1 glass (yes, glass) of vodka wil make me very crazy.​
So we just saw the introduction of "Console Support" role for staff, yet the player to staff ratio (L + ratio, yb = better) who actually support players in assistance chat is much in favor of the players. I see many players of the community helping players in assistance chat, way more than actual staff, and they get no credit for actually providin the support or fix for an issue. Right now the only real "reward" is a better chance at becoming staff, which is nice, but I think the ones not going for staff should receive a role to commemorate them.​
So, I present to you, the "Assistance Helper" (name can be worked on, I cant think of a good name).​
This role will be given to a few people on the day of its release, mainly very active assistance chat helpers.​
Staff (I am assuming SrMods) will view the channel now and then, and if players actively help in assistance chat, and maybe have a message requirement (which doesnt include asking for actual help), will receive the role. I was also thinking of an actual vouch system, which is basically a discord command a player can execute that gives 1 point to the player who helped them. Maybe something along the lines of /thank *Message Link*.​
Why a message link?​
So that the player who needs assistance doesnt just thank someone else.​
Dont get me wrong, Roda or Thiemo will have to make this feature non-abusable, and there should be an appropriate punishment of thanking someone else.​
I also think people who ask for someone to thank them after helping them shouldnt be allowed. Something along the lines of "If that's all the help you need, have a good day, and if you have a second, please use the /thank command and copy this message link : *inputs link*". Grinding for this role will obviously exist, but I dont think someone who is helping someone for the role should get the role. If someone dms the user instead, "hey can u execute this command in assistance chat for me?", they should be punished if the person requiring assistance reports it.​
I think I had more ideas for the role, but if any staff wants more information, they can DM me tomorrow when I am either hungover or completely fine. My discord has been changed, it is now Joshh#4071 (the username Josh wasn't available).​

How could this idea help improve JartexNetwork?
Gives more credit to the active helpers within the community.​

Extra Information:
Somehow my spelling is brilliant.​
Suggestion - Downvoted (-1)

Reasons:

- already suggested and denied, but it would be a good adition.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
not_Nuggets

not_Nuggets

Addicted Member
Banned
Donator
IGN
not_Nuggets
Suggestion - Downvoted (-1)

Reasons:

- already suggested and denied, but it would be a good adition.
One part of my suggestion was denied, which I didn't know. I'm half and half with the addition of the thankng system, but I think the role should definitely be added for active assistance chat helpers who arent going staff or who are.

OrangeEndy

Donator
Donator
IGN
OrangeEndy
I'd like to say something real quick.
I have always and will always help players, not for recognition, but just to help so that they can somehow enjoy playing Jartex. I don't help for rewards, but I am always happy when someone genuinely thanks me for helping them.
Appreciation is necessary, irrespective of the task.
One part of my suggestion was denied, which I didn't know. I'm half and half with the addition of the thankng system, but I think the role should definitely be added for active assistance chat helpers who arent going staff or who are.
I agree, the role should definitely be added with the following in my opinion.